MILK... That is. We have been waiting until Owen's first birthday to give him cow's milk. This is what is recommended by pediatricians and I was really trying to go "by the book" on this because of my severe milk allergy as a child. Well we cheated by a week and tried whole milk this weekend... Hey Mikey, He likes it!!! FINALLY, I can get this kid to drink milk other than his mothers ;) We had tried to give him formula recently and he would not drink it, he has been making the most awful faces. We tried whole milk on Sunday and he made an awful face but he was drinking it. I was giving it to him cold b/c let's face it... I can't be warming up his milk for the rest of his life and we all know he will come to love it cold. Anyway, last night I went ahead and warmed it up and the babe drank 9 ounces before bed! (this was after a full meal... little piggy). So FINALLY, Owen can be weaned and I can get a part of myself back ;) It will be an adjustment for me as well, but it is for the best. Now if we could just get him to sleep all night ;) Baby steps...Tuesday, June 17, 2008
IT DOES A BODY GOOD!
MILK... That is. We have been waiting until Owen's first birthday to give him cow's milk. This is what is recommended by pediatricians and I was really trying to go "by the book" on this because of my severe milk allergy as a child. Well we cheated by a week and tried whole milk this weekend... Hey Mikey, He likes it!!! FINALLY, I can get this kid to drink milk other than his mothers ;) We had tried to give him formula recently and he would not drink it, he has been making the most awful faces. We tried whole milk on Sunday and he made an awful face but he was drinking it. I was giving it to him cold b/c let's face it... I can't be warming up his milk for the rest of his life and we all know he will come to love it cold. Anyway, last night I went ahead and warmed it up and the babe drank 9 ounces before bed! (this was after a full meal... little piggy). So FINALLY, Owen can be weaned and I can get a part of myself back ;) It will be an adjustment for me as well, but it is for the best. Now if we could just get him to sleep all night ;) Baby steps...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Cute page! I'm glad he likes milk! That's a big step. Ashlyn still wont drink milk, but I wish she would. You'll probably have to warm it for him for a couple of years ha, they arent used to cold milk, but I'm so happy he's doing so well and you can wean, although a part of you will be happy and apart of you will miss it. Why is he not sleeping at night? I can def. relate.
Oh good, he like it! "Mikey likes it!" Ha ha. And I love the new page..that is a great site, I agree!
Sarah, you are slacking in blogging ;) where are you girlie?
Post a Comment