
Okay... so I am not a book worm and I really don't like to read. I am a very slow reader and I just don't have time! Reluctantly, I purchased the book Twilight by Stephenie Meyer. I bought it because I have heard so much about it and I decided I should take time to do something for myself to keep a little sanity. I purchased it thinking it would be another book to collect dust on my bedside table and the spine would never be cracked, WELL... I read this 500 page book in two weeks (that's really fast for me!) and I have now purchased book two of the saga, New Moon. I have officially started a book club with a friend of mine at work and she is now reading Twilight and we will keep this going until we finish the saga. Here's the best part... this book was AMAZING! You have to read this book and I am assuming the rest of them will also be wonderful! I could not put this book down and I recently found out they have made it into a movie coming out this November. So run out and buy your book and read it before 11/21 as this is when the movie comes out.
Here's the website for the movie trailer: http://www.twilightthemovie.com/ I don't want to ruin it for you so you may not want to watch this if you haven't read the book. I've already watched the trailer three times today! I can't wait for the movie! I don't think I've ever read a book and THEN watched the movie... I'm pretty sure I always watched the movie so I could skip the book. ANYWAY... Can't WAIT!
7 comments:
Wow...you have peeked my interest. I might have to read it, but tell me, when DID you find the time?
Landri and I were at Wal-Mart today and I happened to walk by the book aisle...thought of you...and bought the book....Hopefully I can start it tonight! =)
ALL the girls at my work are reading it. I hear great things about it. I think you'll really enjoy the series.
P.S. I have not read them. I'm like you so maybe I'll consider after your post ;).
You are the third person to recommend this book, so I am going to borrow it from Kristi. If you need any recommendations for good books being made in to movies, I suggest: The Secret Life of Bees, Marley and Me and Confessions of a Shopaholic. All are greatness, but very different reads.
I'm going to try and remeber to pick it up next time I'm out. I'll let you know when I get it read. Needed a good read, so thanks for the suggestion!
I guess I'm an official member of Sarah's Book club. I read Twilight in a little less than 4 days. What a page turner! I mostly read while I nursed Heagan. I think I'll pick up the next one some time in the next day or so. Can't wait! It wasn't too scary. I guess that's why I liked it when compared to other Vampire stories I've read. The trailer to the movie looks pretty good. I'm not sure when I'll actually get to see it. Probably have to wait till' it comes out on DVD. Oh, the anticpation...
I bought it today! Can't wait to read it!
Post a Comment