Andy went on an Elk hunt in Chama, New Mexico last week. I just wanted to share Andy's picture of his elk that he got. As Andy said he "hunted like no man has ever hunted before" (LOL!) He had a wonderful time and the good news is we will not go hungry this winter with all the elk meat we will have from this hunting adventure ;) Some of you may be turned off by this whole hunting and eating the meat thing... I'm pretty new to this myself as my father was never a hunter. I'm not going to lie, we have had a freezer full of deer meat that I didn't cook but I really intend to actually cook the elk meat that Andy is getting processed. I hear it's really good ;)
4 comments:
WOW! Way to go, Andy! That is crazy HUGE! We'll have to come try some elk! Never had it...
Oh my gosh!! That's huge! I love deer sausage, but never had elk, give some to Deb to try first ha. Good job Andy!
I'll bet you plan to hang the elk head in your living room. That's going to need quite a large space...move over family photos! LOL. Just kidding, but seriously that thing is Ginormous! Andy's got to be proud of thath one! ;)
Holy...Elk! Do you have to cook it using special elk recipes?
We have a freezer full of deer meat, too. I am not a fan of all deer meat, but I love me some jalapeno deer sausage, deer sausage, deer summer sausage, jalapeno summer sausage and the butterfy filets. Next time have Andy stock up on the sausages!
Post a Comment