Is this not the sweetest picture?! They were watching Grandaddy feed the fish. Notice Owen's hand on Andy's arm... too sweet!


We spent the night with Andy's parents and came home Christmas morning. Owen was pretty excited about the presents under the tree! One of his favorite gifts was the Shrek ornament that I got him. He LOVES Shrek so the talking ornament I got him was a hit! He also really liked a guitar that we got him; he was playing and dancing all day! My Dad, Becky and Rachael came over around 1:00 and I cooked lunch... I must say, my cooking has come a long way compared to the ham I totally burned about four years ago ;) LOL! We spent the afternoon visiting and letting Owen entertain us. He actually put Rachael in time out several times... I finally had to make him stop and tell him to put his puppy in time out (see picture below), it was hysterical!


Dad left around 5:00 and we had a nice quiet evening. The next day we went to my grandparent's house in Fort Worth to celebrate with my mom's side of the family. I have really been looking forward to this because I got together with my grandma and helped her make a very special gift for everyone. Nana had been working on a cook book for me for the last four years! She had written their life story in the front of it and all our favorite recipe's of hers followed. She didn't like her handwriting so she hadn't given it to me b/c she wanted to re-write it! I was worried it was never going to get finished! I told her if she would just send me what she had I would get some old photo's of theirs and make a book for everyone (typed!). She agreed. I got on Shutterfly (one of my favorite sites!) and put together Nana's cook book complete with their life story and old family photos! Tears were shed when the books were opened and Nana and Papa were so proud! If you haven't seen a photo book from Shutterfly you must check them out! They are great! I have made one for Owen's first year and I plan to make one each year, it's easier than scrapbooking and a lot less expensive! ANYWAY, we had a wonderful Christmas and Nana and Papa's!
Owen in Papa's chair! Nana doesn't even get to sit in this chair! HA!
Is this truck to ride on?
I'm too tired to open any more presents!!!
Papa telling my cousin, Josh about pictures in the cook book.
Nana
Hannah, my niece, showing off her fabulous PJ's that we got her!
5 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful Christmas! Thanks for the Owen fix! He's a love bug :) Of one thing I'm certain, children make the world a better place.
Sounds like you all had a great time! Landri and Owen will have to ride their jeep/gator together sometime! That would be very entertaining!
Wow...you guys were busy! I am glad to hear you had such a great Christmas! Owen is just too too cute...love it!
That picture of Andy and Owen is precious. Love it! I'm glad the cookbook was a hit (as I knew it would be). ;) And Owen's PJ's were adorable. Did you tell Hannah the story about how we got that shirt and what Owen said? "Uh-oh". Ha ha. Merry Christmas and I hope we see y'all soon!
That recipe book is the sweetest gift! I love thoughtful, timeless presents like that. Much more meaningful than a Xbox or clothes.
Post a Comment