Thursday, July 2, 2009

My baby is a PRESCHOOLER!!!!

I receive weekly emails about Owen's development from a wonderful website at http://www.babycenter.com/. I have been a memeber of this site ever since I was pregnant and it's fantastic! While pregnant, I got weekly emails about my baby's growth and development and the membership has continued since I had Owen. Just after I had him I would receive emails titled, "Your 3 Week Old"... after his first birthday I was shocked with the new titles, "Your Toddler-Week 6". But most shocking of all was last week when I received my weekly email and it was titled "Your PRESCHOOLER..." WHAT?! I couldn't believe it! Is he really now considered a preschooler? He's only two! Just like that my little baby is a preschooler! I wasn't ready for that one... they should give you a warning before sending out emails like that. We survived another birthday party ;) It was extremely hot but we made it! I had rented a bouncy house but I could have skipped it b/c the kids mostly played on the slip 'n slide and in the pools I had set up... I can't blame them... I was melting myself. Owen had a blast and got a lot of great new toys along with some adorable new clothes :)
I can't believe it's been two years since he arrived! He has been such a joy and a blessing to our family. This last year has been so fun watching him learn and watching his personality bloom. I am looking forward to the coming year as he has really started talking and I know he is going to have a lot to say... although, I think I will still call him my baby... even if he is a preschooler!

Unfortunately, the only picture I got of the bouncy house was after the kids left and Andy and Scott decided to give it a try... did that thing have a height requirement?...

Scott really enjoyed the slip 'n slide after the kids left... boys will be boys ;)

3 comments:

Lyndsey said...

Great pics! Liam hasn't stopped talking about the hot dog(s) he ate at Owen's party. I made him one the other night, and he told me..."it's not as good as Sarah's. Can I have one like that?"

Kari Sanchez said...

Preschooler? Shouldn't it be toddler? Dont rush it people! lol Happy Birthday Owen. What a fun party, looks like he had a blast.

Cheryl said...

The picture of Owen eating the cupcake is ALL ANDY!