Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Happy Campers

We went camping this last weekend with my dad at Inks Lake State Park. This was only my second time to go camping and Owen's first :) Owen LOVES to be outside so he thought camping was pretty great! We got a great site right on the lake, close to the playground and bathrooms (this is important when you are "roughing it". There was fishing, smores and a cave tour at Longhorn Caverns. We had a great time and we look forward to camping again soon! I totally recommend Inks Lake; it was BEAUTIFUL!!!!!

Dad, me, Stef and Hannah in the cavern. Notice Owen behind Hannah... mesmerized by the rock that looks like a bear's head... very cool!





Rachael... playing with the worms.





Me and Hannah in our "taj-ma-tent"... snuggled up on the air mattress with my electric blanket... sorry people but that's as close to "roughing it" as I am going to get!



Andy, Owen and me outside the caverns.






2 comments:

John, Jennifer, Tryston, Asher, and Adeligh said...

Wowee. We love updates!! John totally just said we should go camping yesterday. So, thanks for the post. I'll let him know about this place. Sounds like ya'll had a blast! I love seeing pics of all of you.

Lyndsey said...

We've been to many a cavern in our 10-11 year dating history, and Longhorn Caverns is still one of our favorites (been there at least 3 times). Looks like you had fun! Love those updates too :)