Saturday, January 16, 2010

Where have we been?!

I can't believe it has been a month since I posted! Actually... I can believe it! November and December are kind of a blur to say the least! The final push to finish the house at the end of November was beyond stressful. Not because we had any problems (thank goodness!) but just because there were people working around the clock and we had to be there daily, as we could, checking on things and monitoring the finishing touches. It was really exhausting running up and down the highway between, Salado, Harker Heights, Temple and The Grove. Work was very busy during this time as well and as I look back now I am so thankful we pushed through all that... it was totally worth it! I am happy to say the house is finished and we moved in the first weekend in December! We didn't take any time off for the move but had lots of help from family and friends. I will say the POD we stored everything in was WONDERFUL! It was perfect for our situation and I would totally recommend it! ANYWAY, what a blessing to spend Christmas in our new home! There will be more posts later with house pictures, Christmas pictures, New Years, etc.
On another note... I am starting a new project next month. I will be taking a class through the Region here to get my teaching certificate! I am very excited to make this change! It's a bit scary thinking about changing professions after being in the mortgage business for 10 years! But I know I will love it. The class will be three nights a week from 5:30 to 9:30! YIKES! It's only about three months long so I think I can handle that. Some of you may not know this but I am not so much a night owl these days! I am usually in bed and asleep by 9 so I think I may have to take coffee to class! If you went to elementary school with me you may remember Mrs. Curtis...??? I don't remember what grade... maybe 4th...anyway, she was one of my all time favorite teachers! Maybe it was a sign... now I am on track to be Mrs. Curtis and hopefully touch childrens lives as she did mine! YEAH!


Check back soon~

4 comments:

John, Jennifer, Tryston, Asher, and Adeligh said...

I remember. And she's still teaching. I got to see her from time to time when Tryston went through that school. Welcome to the adventure ;). You'll do great! Keep remembering it's just for a season. I'm NOT a night owl either. Sign of old age...? NAH! Change is scary, but it's good.

Can't wait to see pictures of all you've been up to!

In response to your comment on my blog. John LOVED that blanket and decided it was a must to be a favorite of Asher's and, well it is. It kind of has to be when Daddy always wrapped you in it as a baby.

Lyndsey said...

It's huge to make a change like that. It takes a lot of guts. In the end, doing something as rewarding as teaching will no doubt give you an opportunity to leave a legacy! God bless your endeavor!

Beau said...

I am happy that you decided to take the classes. Let me know if you need help with Owen :) I think it will be a great life change for your, Mrs. Curtis!

Ronni said...

Good luck on your teaching classes. I've thought about making the same career change many times, but have never actually done it. Congratulations on the new house!