Wednesday, January 21, 2009

What's the going rate?...

So... we have plans to go to dinner with some friends on Monday. They have a daughter that is about two months younger than Owen, her name is Peyton. They play very well and are just adorable together! Owen and Peyton were in daycare together in the first class I put him in at the church. Anyway... we have decided to get a sitter to watch both of them so we can have a nice quiet dinner with grown ups ;) Until now I have had family/friends keep Owen for us so I have NO IDEA how much to pay a sitter. So I am asking you... my faithful blog readers... what is the going rate for a sitter? The girl I have lined up is a Sr. in high school and she will probably only be watching them for 1 1/2 hours. I have asked her to bring a friend b/c I think it would be best for there to be two of them to keep up with the two kids... Let me know your thoughts and what you pay... Thanks a bunch!!!!!

2 comments:

John, Jennifer, Tryston, Asher, and Adeligh said...

No idea. Glad I could be of help to you though. ;)

Lyndsey said...

I'd ask the sitter(s), but if you decide to forego that route...I'd say since there will be two little ones paying $10 for each sitter per hour seems about right. WOW! Add kids to the mix and a dinner out can get quite expensive. Oh the price we pay for these little ones that stress us out and make us utterly happy all at the same time! :)